Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 19, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #18,871 of 18,879
I like to emphasize what Chord wrote in Maartens posted answer: "[...] Poly has still more to give in software terms as well [...]"
I'm sure there exists an internal road map for software updates, but how about integrating a bubble/UPnP-server/daemon and some sort of ssh sandbox for users (chroot environment) in order they do not harm vital sections of the software, oh for paying users who are willing to let guarantee go, an individual ssh-key for full access? This would be my personal wish list.
I imagine that in theory a very skilled hacker could wipe the Poly firmware, and replace it with what you want.
However such skilled hackers are probably working for the CIA, and Poly is unlikely to be on their roadmap.

May 19, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #18,872 of 18,879
I imagine that in theory a very skilled hacker could wipe the Poly firmware, and replace it with what you want.
However such skilled hackers are probably working for the CIA, and Poly is unlikely to be on their roadmap.
I really think about or of completely legal stuff, for example deleting the database file of all songs that reside on your SDcard, performing a rescan or rebuild that file, this bubble/UPnP server thing, all three things being very useful, if you do not have a second device at hand to perform all these things. Just in case you need more battery life at the moment or in the coming hours, SSH would be very useful to stop a service not needed at the moment for you personally in order to listen to your Music. Everything not performed illegally but planned, in the end you remain responsible for your moves, but it is legally acknowledged by Chord.

May 19, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #18,873 of 18,879
I like to emphasize what Chord wrote in Maartens posted answer: "[...] Poly has still more to give in software terms as well [...]"
I'm sure there exists an internal road map for software updates, but how about integrating a bubble/UPnP-server/daemon and some sort of ssh sandbox for users (chroot environment) in order they do not harm vital sections of the software, oh for paying users who are willing to let guarantee go, an individual ssh-key for full access? This would be my personal wish list.

I would be happy with the promised Chromecast integration.

May 19, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #18,876 of 18,879
Just one final note from my side: I think it was you some pages ago/weeks who pointed out, Chord outsourced software development and logically has to pay for the services. So it might be realistic but in the end not financially doable what I have wished above. But I had to say it and also: never say never. First thing to get straight I think it's providing this update service in a reliable way, I think it still doesn't work for some guys. But it's like Chord wrote in this email, small device still has potential in terms of software, I would be glad it would be used more consequently, because it's a whole lot of potential it still offers...

May 19, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #18,877 of 18,879
Just one final note from my side: I think it was you some pages ago/weeks who pointed out, Chord outsourced software development and logically has to pay for the services. So it might be realistic but in the end not financially doable what I have wished above. But I had to say it and also: never say never. First thing to get straight I think it's providing this update service in a reliable way, I think it still doesn't work for some guys. But it's like Chord wrote in this email, small device still has potential in terms of software, I would be glad it would be used more consequently, because it's a whole lot of potential it still offers...
Yes it probably was me who posted that Chord outsourced both the circuit board design and the firmware development to Disign Consultants.
A photo of the circuit board is contained in this post.

Inevitably Chord has to pay them for any firmware updates. Additionally when you see how many customers/projects that Disign Consultants work on, they may not be able to allocate a huge amount of resources to providing 24/7 coding support to Chord.

Possibly a more difficult factor would be Chord having to persuade Disign Consultants to totally change the ethos of the firmware architecture, to allow owners to diy program in an internal sandbox area.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #18,878 of 18,879
Everyone has own priorities. For me Amazon Music integration (or Apple…) would be fantastic.
It would but it will never happen. Those two don't have support in any apps. There is a tiny chance for Qobuz or Tidal though which I'd settle for.

Personally I can't see any major new features, I'd happily eat my hat if it happens. :)

1716184678192.png

May 20, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #18,879 of 18,879
It would but it will never happen. Those two don't have support in any apps. There is a tiny chance for Qobuz or Tidal though which I'd settle for.

Personally I can't see any major new features, I'd happily eat my hat if it happens. :)

Bluetooth codecs and a newer version of MPD would be a good start...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back