HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
May 10, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #1,291 of 1,300
Hi guys, me again :))
How your day? Mine's totally chaos :frowning2: just had an issue with RS2 charging & battery, so I came here for your help
Last night after listenning session & happy time with RS2, battery drop to 28% so I decided to charge it with Sony adapter 5V-1.5A (just like charging input specs in Hiby website). And suprise my RS2 didnt accept charging. I changed another adapter, Mophie essential 30W with new charging cable, usb C to C (quick charge) ---> still didnt work! C'mon!!! Maybe my RS2 got trouble with usb C input or battery (noooo wayyy!)
---> so I tried every charging adapter and cable that I had and found: my Sony adapter 5V1.5A (which I always use with RS2) was totally dead, and RS2 doesnt accept charging with C to C cable (quick charge, fast charge... whatever) and still working fine with any A to C cable and nomal adapter.
Okay, I used Au adapter 5V-1.8A with stock usb A to C cable of RS2 to charge it, then my nightmare came :))
---> my dap was getting pretty hot. But I thought it just fine, probably because I tried plugging it in and out so many times with so many chargers ---> continued charging upto 100% then power off, it would be cool down. But no, after 2 hours charging (28% ---> 100%) + 4 hours shut down, today 7am morning I found its battery drop seriously to 58% and its body still quite hot!!! What the hell!?
---> I onscreen and play some flac 24-192 & repeat 5 hours to discharge battery to 0% then shut down, remove the leather case & wait RS2 cool off. About 45min, it seem ok (I mean the temp!) ---> I connect to my Au charging adapter 5V-1.8A and now upto 23% it getting freakin hot again***, so now I disconnect and wait it cool down and try another charging adapter :frowning2:(
***maybe that adapter cause my prob (RS2'overheat and battery drain)

---> so you guys have any suggestion for my issue? And how do you charge your RS2 (charging adapter output?)?
@Joe Bloggs

Again, thanks for all your help, really appreciate and happy listenning!

Update: I used another charging adapter and continued to charge my RS2 upto 100% (it's took 3 hours untill fully charge). The device's still warm and battery dropping down maybe 10 or 11% per hour. So I think it's time to go to the Hiby's dealer in my city & ask for help :frowning2:(

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #1,293 of 1,300
Is this player still worth it in 2024? How much should one pay for it new or used?
difficult question to answer - depends on what you are looking for
I mean it has no connectivity so if it is a streaming player you want then no
If you are ok with a traditional old skool music file player then quite possibly. I mean mine sounds as good now as it did when I got it back in 2022 !
The amp isn't its strongest feature but i normally amp mine - although on the go I found the amp to drive things like olina SE and moondrop katos to be more than adequate
The UI takes a bit of getting used to but actually I find it works very well given the screen size.
The MSEB is great, and all the Darwin filters are there so you can scroll through them thinking to yourself how similar they all sound :)
Honestly I think it was a niche player when it came out and it still is so IMHO I think the price is worth it
What may be the case is that it has fallen in to last place on the Hiby store which means they are probably gonna stop selling it at some point in the near future so if you do like the idea of a retro player with a cool R2R dac then you might regret not getting one

May 14, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #1,295 of 1,300
The other day I saw someone post the RS2 with an album art lock screen. I never knew that was an option. Where is that in the settings?

May 16, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #1,297 of 1,300
Is this player still worth it in 2024? How much should one pay for it new or used?

If you are an old "non streamer" and looking for a DAP with 2x micro SD for storing large volume - this is a great choice in my book.

Annoying at times to only use folder view (with large library) but you get used to it.

I paid AUD$699 brand new and no regrets.

The other day I saw someone post the RS2 with an album art lock screen. I never knew that was an option. Where is that in the settings?

That may have been me?

Attachments

• 20240516_172016.jpg
    20240516_172016.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
May 18, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #1,299 of 1,300
Looking for some impressions from anybody with a large library. Mine is currently around 35k tracks. Issue I currently have with my original m11 is that it crashes constantly while scrolling through my library. I know the rs2 originally dropped with a limit of 20k tracks for indexing. Since that was removed, anyone experiencing any growing pains?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back