iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
May 14, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #5,041 of 5,047
Yes, that would be normal.
Great! Thanks for the confirmation. I did message Paul at iBasso before I realized my mistake. He sent me a lot of good info about getting it replaced if needed. Basically, I order the battery from them and then he included a video on how to get the back cover off. When the time comes, it should be pretty easy.

May 14, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #5,042 of 5,047
Great! Thanks for the confirmation. I did message Paul at iBasso before I realized my mistake. He sent me a lot of good info about getting it replaced if needed. Basically, I order the battery from them and then he included a video on how to get the back cover off. When the time comes, it should be pretty easy.
I have replaced the battery a few times for people. You just have to take your time.

May 14, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #5,043 of 5,047

That's really good to know and I will reach out to iBasso and order a battery pack shortly. With my poor eyesight, I might ask someone locally who repairs mobile phones to do the work for me. Less chance of a disaster that way 😂

May 14, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #5,044 of 5,047
I have replaced the battery a few times for people. You just have to take your time.
I think I can handle it. I think there is one plug for the digital side and then two plugs for the 4 amp batteries (2 running in series). One for each rail. What about the glue? Does need to be replaced or does it just need to be heated again to reassemble?

If/When I do it, I'm going to make a step-by-step guild and post it here.

May 14, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #5,045 of 5,047
That's really good to know and I will reach out to iBasso and order a battery pack shortly. With my poor eyesight, I might ask someone locally who repairs mobile phones to do the work for me. Less chance of a disaster that way 😂
That's actually a good idea.

May 14, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #5,046 of 5,047
I am glad you have the battery situation figured out. Enjoy the music!

Yes, since cell phone shops replace batteries all the time, some of them will replace the battery for you. Of course you have to supply the battery. We also have a video but the steps aren't difficult.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 14, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #5,047 of 5,047
I am glad you have the battery situation figured out. Enjoy the music!

Yes, since cell phone shops replace batteries all the time, some of them will replace the battery for you. Of course you have to supply the battery. We also have a video but the steps aren't difficult.
Thanks for the outstanding service Paul. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back