Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 9, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #18,811 of 18,880
On the second point, here are my settings from an earlier post that allows you to browse the web, etc. while playing from the SD card:
Try these settings (based on an iPhone):

1) Set Poly to Hybrid Mode where Network is "Poly Hotspot Mode" and Play Mode is "Everything Else"

2) Set iPhone Settings => WiFi =>My Networks to "Poly-xxxxxx where my settings are:
IMG_0455.PNG
If found this works a bit easier when you flip this on its head (I started here as well when I got my Poly). Enable the iPhone’s hotspot. Use GoFigure to connect the Poly to it. No extra settings needed and your phone’s internet still works like normal. The Poly doesn’t really use any of your phone data plan’s hotspot data, it just uses the hotspot connection to talk locally to the phone. The Poly will also auto join that hotspot SSID when it’s on and your away from home WiFi. Works for UPNP, MPD, and AirPlay.

May 9, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #18,813 of 18,880
Which app would you recommend for the SD Card and for streaming? I've heard about Rigelian be the best
Rigelian has some issues displaying album art. 8player also works fine. Try both before paying for the PRO versions.

May 9, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #18,814 of 18,880
If found this works a bit easier when you flip this on its head (I started here as well when I got my Poly). Enable the iPhone’s hotspot. Use GoFigure to connect the Poly to it. No extra settings needed and your phone’s internet still works like normal. The Poly doesn’t really use any of your phone data plan’s hotspot data, it just uses the hotspot connection to talk locally to the phone. The Poly will also auto join that hotspot SSID when it’s on and your away from home WiFi. Works for UPNP, MPD, and AirPlay.
This. Just put the phone in hotspot mode and Poly joins automatically thereafter after first join.
Also, if you have good on-card playlists, you don't even need to provide hotspot. Just select the playlist from gofigure itself and it provides basic playback controls via bluetooth.

May 9, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #18,815 of 18,880
This. Just put the phone in hotspot mode and Poly joins automatically thereafter after first join.
Also, if you have good on-card playlists, you don't even need to provide hotspot. Just select the playlist from gofigure itself and it provides basic playback controls via bluetooth.

Agree, wish there was a better way to create playlists though. And, of course, a way to play albums without playlists or even just folder navigation.

May 9, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #18,816 of 18,880
I was never able to see my playlist from GoFigure. What do I need to do? Does that mean that I have to play my music trough GoFigure?

May 9, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #18,817 of 18,880
I was never able to see my playlist from GoFigure. What do I need to do? Does that mean that I have to play my music trough GoFigure?
I just followed this guide. I didn't have access to an android device, just enabled Android subsystem in Windows 11 and installed the APK for this app.

May 10, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #18,818 of 18,880
The Poly needs a modern Bluetooth upgrade and a power switch. Then it could become a portable device.
What are you talking about, I use mine as a portable device all the time. Stick an SD card in Poly and its a perfectly usable non-streaming DAP with separate screen, your phone.

I once got into a discussion with someone here on Head-Fi that wouldn't accept that the Poly/Mojo combo is a DAP, wouldn't have it, clueless that's what they are.

DAP stands for Digital Audio Player what about this combo means it can't Digitally Play Audio?

Perhaps it's not a DAP cos it doesn't have balanced output.

May 10, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #18,819 of 18,880
I just followed this guide. I didn't have access to an android device, just enabled Android subsystem in Windows 11 and installed the APK for this app.

I just tried that. It shows me an error: MPD Error 51/0: Playlist is too large

May 10, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #18,820 of 18,880
I just tried that. It shows me an error: MPD Error 51/0: Playlist is too large
Is it because too many albums under an artist. Because, that's the only thing that I didn't do. I just left my library as Music/Albums/Tracks, rather than the recommended Music/Album-Artist/Albums/Tracks. It was a pain to build the playlist, but worked without any errors.

May 10, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #18,821 of 18,880
Is it because too many albums under an artist. Because, that's the only thing that I didn't do. I just left my library as Music/Albums/Tracks, rather than the recommended Music/Album-Artist/Albums/Tracks. It was a pain to build the playlist, but worked without any errors.
I was able to add folders manually, one by one. There are 3 playlists now.
This is the worst way to play my music. I like to play my music from folders, the way I sorted them.

May 13, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #18,825 of 18,880
What's the largest SD card the poly can handle? Any recommendations? Thanks.
In theory it is 2TB, because that is the maximum size of cards catered for in the SD standard.
Of course SD cards that size have been unavailable at realistic prices, so I don't recall any posts from owners using them.
The nearest that I can remember was one owner using 1.5Tb, plus you have @Cymruambyth with 1 Tb.

Not so long ago some posters felt that 2Tb would be enough to hold all the music collection, but nowadays you do see a few posters with larger collections (but they need more cards).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back