HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
May 8, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #631 of 642
I can't select LDAC in the Bluetooth settings, got two sets on Sony headphones. It has updated to the latest firmware, still it defaults to AAC. Most of the audio settings can't be switched on - I get HD Audio and the AVRCP settings, nothing else.
Stupid question: did you actually turn HD Audio "on"?
The LDAC option will be greyed out if HD Audio is off...

May 9, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #635 of 642
LDAC is working.
What Bluetooth devices are causing problems?

1000001649.jpg

May 9, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #637 of 642
Hey found out what it was - When you have 'connect to two devices' on in the Sony Connect App, if stops the LDAC. Switch that off and you get LDAC.

Thanks to Reddit. Have to cancel my return now.
Why are you canceling the return? If you had already concluded it was the M300's fault and you were unhappy enough to return it, how is it going to be different when you hit the next (unavoidable!) snag?

May 9, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #638 of 642
Why are you canceling the return? If you had already concluded it was the M300's fault and you were unhappy enough to return it, how is it going to be different when you hit the next (unavoidable!) snag?

The M300 works fine, It's Sony and their choice to disable LDAC when you have two devices connected, something about bluetooth bandwith. I streamed to my NAIN Uniti atom, and got another Codec working. So it your device support a Codec it works fine.

I know streaming bluetooth from a budget DAP to an Atom Headphone Edition is silly but just wanted to get everything connected.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #639 of 642
Wow, I can not believe this. I only just got this M300 and I found the backside just having fallen off entirely. It lifted it up this morning and it was loose, upon better inspection it just fell off entirely. The battery these last 2 charges disappeared in hours when I did not even use it, it was just laying down on my desk, screen off, nothing playing. I was already a bit suspicious when the battery went out that quickly because it wasn't even being used.

And how on earth is my entire serial code not even visible on the back? I am so shocked I don't even know where to start.

QRehSyB.jpeg

dDMMHpl.jpeg

4OWJ4Qz.jpeg

Edit:

I've now factory reset my device, used my moms M300 and put them aside. While mine drained 20%, hers only lost 5%. The battery is a complete mess on this device.
I still dont know how the back came off.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #640 of 642
Having now contacted the Hiby support. They offer me a repair, and refunding the shipping costs. But as my friend told me that he had to go through a 2 month wait for his device to be repaired, I can't say I am too happy about having to wait that long before getting back a device I only had for a month. It was clearly a QC issue too. Surely that backplate isn't supposed to fall off, and that battery is not supposed to be behaving so poorly after such a limited amount of use.

Again, I love this device, but I don't like this solution. I think they should just send me a replacement unit upon receiving this. No kind of user usage can explain what happened here, in my opinion anyway.

Not a great first impression in dealing with potential CS issues here sadly.

May 20, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #641 of 642
Having now contacted the Hiby support. They offer me a repair, and refunding the shipping costs. But as my friend told me that he had to go through a 2 month wait for his device to be repaired, I can't say I am too happy about having to wait that long before getting back a device I only had for a month. It was clearly a QC issue too. Surely that backplate isn't supposed to fall off, and that battery is not supposed to be behaving so poorly after such a limited amount of use.

Again, I love this device, but I don't like this solution. I think they should just send me a replacement unit upon receiving this. No kind of user usage can explain what happened here, in my opinion anyway.

Not a great first impression in dealing with potential CS issues here sadly.
I’m sure It’s not going to help, but the backplate falling off is most likely a consequence of a bad battery: the battery bulged, maybe not that much, but enough to push the backplate out. It’s actually a pretty good & safe design, you know for sure that something is wrong with the battery by seeing the back plate lifted or falling off.

Sure, you shouldn’t have a problem with the battery…. I haven't had any issue with my M300 (bought it in November last year).

May 20, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #642 of 642
I’m sure It’s not going to help, but the backplate falling off is most likely a consequence of a bad battery: the battery bulged, maybe not that much, but enough to push the backplate out. It’s actually a pretty good & safe design, you know for sure that something is wrong with the battery by seeing the back plate lifted or falling off.

Sure, you shouldn’t have a problem with the battery…. I haven't had any issue with my M300 (bought it in November last year).
Fair enough, and good point. The CS person said the repair would be expedited to 20 days. All together, would still take a while, and rather seen it differently, it is what it is.
I enjoyed it while it lasted, I guess. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back