HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
May 8, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #617 of 642
Just got this, I can't select LDAC in the Bluetooth settings, got two sets on Sony headphones. It has updated to the latest firmware, still it defaults to AAC. Most of the audio settings can't be switched on - I get HD Audio and the AVRCP settings, nothing else.

Any help will much appreciated while I read through this thread.

They have offered me a replacment. Disappointing, maybe it is faulty rather me not finding a correct setting.

I looked through the reset options and think I almost deleted my entire Google account, rather than reset the actual device to factory setting like someone in the thread suggested for the LDAC greyed out problem. This is the problem with everything being connected, desktop, mobile and now DAPs.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #618 of 642
Just got this, I can't select LDAC in the Bluetooth settings, got two sets on Sony headphones. It has updated to the latest firmware, still it defaults to AAC. Most of the audio settings can't be switched on - I get HD Audio and the AVRCP settings, nothing else.

Any help will much appreciated while I read through this thread.

They have offered me a replacment. Disappointing, maybe it is faulty rather me not finding a correct setting.

I looked through the reset options and think I almost deleted my entire Google account, rather than reset the actual device to factory setting like someone in the thread suggested for the LDAC greyed out problem. This is the problem with everything being connected, desktop, mobile and now DAPs.
FWIW, I received mine on 1.30 fw and its greyed out for me too. IDK anything about bluetooth codecs but if they advertised it with support for that, they really should fix that...

May 8, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #619 of 642
FWIW, I received mine on 1.30 fw and its greyed out for me too. IDK anything about bluetooth codecs but if they advertised it with support for that, they really should fix that...
I was just thinking that, it must be a known fault then that they are willing to replace a two day old purchase.

May 8, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #621 of 642
Gonna ask them too then, I've had mine for a while but I'm curious what they are going to say. If they advertise with LDAC then it should be there, IMO.
I might upgrade to a better unit, looking at their website. Better value with the added connections if I ever use it wired and a bigger battery. Screen looks nicer too.

May 8, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #622 of 642
I might upgrade to a better unit, looking at their website. Better value with the added connections if I ever use it wired and a bigger battery. Screen looks nicer too.
Yeah, I like the portability of this one, so I don't think I would change even if offered. I dont think the R4 would be as nice to carry around. Overall nothing but good things to say about the M300 though, really enjoy it so far.

May 8, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #624 of 642
Yeah, I like the portability of this one, so I don't think I would change even if offered. I dont think the R4 would be as nice to carry around. Overall nothing but good things to say about the M300 though, really enjoy it so far.
Fair point as I only wanted it to carry with me when cycling, so I will need to measure the other unit, otherwise I might as well carry my phone with me. This would fit nicely in my biking gilet with has small pockets.

May 8, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #626 of 642
Fair point as I only wanted it to carry with me when cycling, so I will need to measure the other unit, otherwise I might as well carry my phone with me. This would fit nicely in my biking gilet with has small pockets.
Yeah, I did explore their other offerings, but I could not quite find anything in the price range that offered something better. Let me know what you decide on, as I am quite curious. But the R4 was not only bigger than my S23 Ultra, it was also heavier. And the other options are much more expensive I believe? Anyway good luck, and I hope they just push a fw update to fix it for everyone, it is still quite strange. Did you use the FEB29 code when you bought the M300 btw? I got 30$ off with it, they never deactivated that.

May 8, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #627 of 642
Yeah, I did explore their other offerings, but I could not quite find anything in the price range that offered something better. Let me know what you decide on, as I am quite curious. But the R4 was not only bigger than my S23 Ultra, it was also heavier. And the other options are much more expensive I believe? Anyway good luck, and I hope they just push a fw update to fix it for everyone, it is still quite strange. Did you use the FEB29 code when you bought the M300 btw? I got 30$ off with it, they never deactivated that.
I got it for £169, I noticed a voucher in the small print, lucky I noticed it. I was set to buy from Hifonix which was 10 quid cheaper than Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back