Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 27, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #17,956 of 18,071
Brandon told me that they don’t sell the faceplate alone. I don’t think these holes on the faceplate will make a notable difference
Then finally is the faceplate with holes the only difference ?
Can I use the seraph faceplates on the Enigma+ ?
If I just unscrew and screw the seraph faceplate does the Enigma+ become open back ?

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #17,957 of 18,071

So...very early days but loving the
Enigma OB
BIG BASS! That's textured and detailed.
Mids to die for, thick but with air, vocals in particular are some how more real definitely have a visceral presence. Treble is detailed, rounded and natural cymbals are wonderfully on point no artificial resonating just as they sound in a live environment. I'm using blue bottom black top tuning nozzles with sedna Earfit light tips with the Clan Audio copper and silver plated copper mix cable.
The overall signature can only described as the Muscular brother of the Titan which has a lighter touch think Huge Jack man vs Ryan Reynolds
Beautiful pictures and I initial impressions

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #17,958 of 18,071
IMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB.jpgIMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-1.jpgIMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-3.jpgIMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-2.jpg
Enigma OB
Mids to die for, thick but with air, vocals in particular are some how more real definitely have a visceral presence. Treble is detailed, rounded and natural cymbals are wonderfully on point no artificial resonating just as they sound in a live environment. I'm using blue bottom black top tuning nozzles with sedna Earfit light tips with the Clan Audio copper and silver plated copper mix cable.
The overall signature can only described as the Muscular brother of the Titan which has a lighter touch think Huge Jack man vs Ryan Reynolds
I share the same thoughts on Enigma. I don't think the faceplate makes a difference

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #17,959 of 18,071
I share the same thoughts on Enigma. I don't think the faceplate makes a difference
I agree as well. We're all hearing the same thing from Enigma(+). Stellar bass, superb mids, airy but not piercing trebles. Vocals to die for. If Enigma is 10/10, Titan is certainly 9/10. Very close in performance and you could not tell a difference without a direct A/B comparison back to back.

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:55 PM Post #17,960 of 18,071
After a few more hours in ears, changed nozzles to blue bottom red top and to Tangzu TangSanCai ear tips with the Sony NW-M1A. I'm so happy, if we are playing the percentage game the there's a 3-4% percent difference between the Titan and Enigma in the Enigmas favour, as I thought the Titan's were perfect that's a notable difference.
The percentages are in the details, separation between instruments. The nuances in vocals, the seamless transitions between the frequency ranges.
The articulation in the bass is breathtaking
I don't think for me there's anywhere else left to go END GAME has arrived.

PS
Wether the "Open back" makes a difference I have no idea and if I'm honest I just prefer the look. The staging is wide, deep and tall a real out of the head experience.

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #17,961 of 18,071
IMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB.jpgIMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-1.jpgIMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-3.jpgIMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-2.jpg
Enigma OB
Leave it to a photographer to make us all drool.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #17,963 of 18,071
My friends with Enigmas please listen to the following and commend on Michael Jackson 's 's' sounds.
https://tidal.com/track/1781887?u

Just a quick review to see if it's my unit, the song or my sensitive ears.
It's all about the tips, filters and cable you use.
My setup at the moment is a purple filter for low frequencies, a black filter for high frequencies, modernized AZLA tips and an ARES S 8W cable, or I use CADMUS 8W

Attachments

• photo_2024-04-28_13-16-13.jpg
    photo_2024-04-28_13-16-13.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2024-04-28_13-16-08.jpg
    photo_2024-04-28_13-16-08.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2024-04-21_11-35-20.jpg
    photo_2024-04-21_11-35-20.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #17,964 of 18,071
After a few more hours in ears, changed nozzles to blue bottom red top and to Tangzu TangSanCai ear tips with the Sony NW-M1A. I'm so happy, if we are playing the percentage game the there's a 3-4% percent difference between the Titan and Enigma in the Enigmas favour, as I thought the Titan's were perfect that's a notable difference.
The percentages are in the details, separation between instruments. The nuances in vocals, the seamless transitions between the frequency ranges.
The articulation in the bass is breathtaking
I don't think for me there's anywhere else left to go END GAME has arrived.

PS
Wether the "Open back" makes a difference I have no idea and if I'm honest I just prefer the look. The staging is wide, deep and tall a real out of the head experience.
Enigma+ is my end game too as I said many times. It is exactly what I have been looking for for years in this hobby
I am using TRI Clarion and Penon Asos cable with Cayin RU7. How is the synergy with your Cayin N7?

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #17,965 of 18,071
If you have the seraph you could just switch faceplates
I
My setup at the moment is a purple filter for low frequencies, a black filter for high frequencies, modernized AZLA tips and an ARES S 8W cable, or I use CADMUS 8W
You are completely right.
Eros s also introduces sibilance in Enigma +.
Code 23 has no sibilance.

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #17,966 of 18,071
Thanx I'll try some of that. But I suspect it is a burn in issue as another friend suggested to me.
In any case, having returned recently from Roadburn Music Festival and have the feeling of live experience still thumbing through my bones, I would say that Enigma is the closest any IEM I had, to replicate that feeling.
For example, bass tones feel separate as being produced by a separate agent, be that a bass player on stage or a drone from an electronic setting. This is very special indeed.
Titan is different and while in my opinion tops Enigma in some areas, cannot compete with it's liveliness and weight.

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #17,968 of 18,071
My friends with Enigmas please listen to the following and commend on Michael Jackson 's 's' sounds.
https://tidal.com/track/1781887?u

Just a quick review to see if it's my unit, the song or my sensitive ears.
I've just listened to the track on Tidal with my Enigmas on my ifi stack (ifi Stream and zen dac v2). I found it to be very sibilant and a very bright track. Definately not an issue with the Enigma.

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #17,969 of 18,071
Enigma OB
Fair play, they look gorgeous with the gold faceplate and red screws!

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #17,970 of 18,071
I've been listening to Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water album today with the Enigmas. There's something about that album! The Enigmas also gave it a perfect old recording feel without losing any detail. The feeling was surreal as if I was sat in the recording studio with them. I've never had that on any IEM before.

I also agree that they make live recordings sound amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back