Introducing Shanling M3 Ultra - New Generation of Compact Android Portable Player
Oct 27, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #16 of 227
Does it accept Power Delivery?

drftr
It works with PD chargers, but doesn't support PD quick charging. Just QC3.0

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 27, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #17 of 227
So looking forward to the M3 Ultra. I got some amazing results from the M3X in terms of overall tonality and pairing with Sony IER-Z1R which is my primary IEM.
Yes, the M3X did have its limitations and going by the spec sheet the M3 Ultra seems to have fixed that. I will be very curious to try this and I am also happy that they have maintained the same form factor. Makes for a perfect portable DAP which is easy to use and convenient to carry around. Good work @Shanling

Oct 27, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #20 of 227
Went up when... since the original post?

Lol oh sorry from the original m3x. I'm spoiled by companies keeping the 'improved' model at or near the same price. Like SR25mkii, or hiby r3pro saber, hidisz ap80 pro etc. Maybe just the economy today.

Actually now that I think about it, this model has more new chips plus a slight body redesign. New BT chip, new system chip, new op amps, new caps added. I'd love to hear one and play around with it 😀 Oh and it went up 3 versions of Android. So it's probably a good value. Still looking forward to m1s as it's smaller. I use a nice dongle to use android on my phone.

I want something small I can use to run with and such. M0 is just a bit too small with my eyes.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #21 of 227
M3U英文版(1).jpg

Same compact-sized portable player, now with an upgraded Android platform and a new audio circuit.

On the outside, M3 Ultra follows closely its predecessor. Staying at 4.2-inch screen, for the ideal balance between system usability and device portability. Aluminium frame keeps the same overall design, just with a few small adjustments, including a new solution for the MicroSD card door. And offering a standard combination of 3.5mm single-ended and 4.4mm balanced outputs.

On the inside, that’s where all the important things changed. Android platform was upgraded to the octa-core Snapdragon 665 and Android 10, refreshing M3 for swift system response and app compatibility going forward. Of course, still combined with our Android Global Lossless Output (AGLO) system for an ideal Android sound performance. We even adjusted Bluetooth, switching to a newer 5.0 version.

Audio section is still based around a pair of ESS ES9219C DACs, but M3 Ultra builds a more robust circuit around them. Two Ricore RT6863 were added to serve as dedicated headphone amplifiers, allowing the player to deal easier with the headphone load and resulting in reduced distortion, increased dynamic range and overall improved clarity. Lot of attention was also put on the used ELNA Silmic II capacitors, as they proved to be crucial in the sound tuning of the M3 Ultra, as we attempted to tune it more in the line with our house sound.

M3 Ultra overall sounds a bit warmer and more relaxed than the original M3X, while managing to improve on the technical aspects of the sound.

M3 Ultra will be available at our international sellers in early November.

MSRP 479 USD / Euro

M3U Photos (5).jpg

Dimensions:109 X 70.5 X 18 mm
Weight: 199 g
Screen:4.2-inch 768 x 1280 Touch Screen
Hi-Res Support:32 bit / 384 kHz, DSD 256
Gain Setting: Two Level Setting
Memory: 3 GB RAM & 32 GB ROM & MicroSD card slot
Battery: 3500 mAh, QC3.0 18W compatible
Battery Life: 20.5h Single DAC 3.5mm, 14.5h Balanced

Wi-Fi: 2.4G / 5G
Bluetooth:Version 5.0
As Transmitter:LDAC / aptX HD / aptX / SBC
As Receiver:LDAC / SBC

Single-Ended Output:

Output Power

Low Gain: 41mW @32 Ohm

High gain: 140mW @32 Ohm

Output Impedance:<1 Ohm

Balanced Output:

Output Power

Low Gain: 164mW @32 Ohm

High gain: 260mW @32 Ohm

Output Impedance:<1 Ohm

M3U Photos (2).jpgM3U Photos (8).jpg
this looks super cool !!!!!!

Oct 29, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #23 of 227
If this is offered for sale on the Shanling official Amazon U.S. store I'll buy it.

Oct 30, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #25 of 227
I have the m3x and m6 ultra, love both. This seems like a clear improvement across the board from the m3x, and still keeps the battery life. Can’t justify getting it, but this seems like the best sub $500 dap (unless you need more power). I bet with the extra gb of ram, it’s a lot smoother than the dx170

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #26 of 227
Last edited:
Oct 30, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #27 of 227
I have the m3x and m6 ultra, love both. This seems like a clear improvement across the board from the m3x, and still keeps the battery life. Can’t justify getting it, but this seems like the best sub $500 dap (unless you need more power). I bet with the extra gb of ram, it’s a lot smoother than the dx170
Exactly where I'm at. I dont need it but ..... That battery life, a little extra oomph and warmth. It's quite compelling.

Oct 31, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #28 of 227
If this is offered for sale on the Shanling official Amazon U.S. store I'll buy it.
It will be coming to our Amazon, but with few months delay.

If you want it at normal release in USA, check with Musicteck, our official dealer.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 31, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #29 of 227
It will be coming to our Amazon, but with few months delay.

If you want it at normal release in USA, check with Musicteck, our official dealer.
I’ll wait. Thanks

Oct 31, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #30 of 227
Is this a significant upgrade over the M3X?
How?

M3U英文版(1).jpg

Same compact-sized portable player, now with an upgraded Android platform and a new audio circuit.

On the outside, M3 Ultra follows closely its predecessor. Staying at 4.2-inch screen, for the ideal balance between system usability and device portability. Aluminium frame keeps the same overall design, just with a few small adjustments, including a new solution for the MicroSD card door. And offering a standard combination of 3.5mm single-ended and 4.4mm balanced outputs.

On the inside, that’s where all the important things changed. Android platform was upgraded to the octa-core Snapdragon 665 and Android 10, refreshing M3 for swift system response and app compatibility going forward. Of course, still combined with our Android Global Lossless Output (AGLO) system for an ideal Android sound performance. We even adjusted Bluetooth, switching to a newer 5.0 version.

Audio section is still based around a pair of ESS ES9219C DACs, but M3 Ultra builds a more robust circuit around them. Two Ricore RT6863 were added to serve as dedicated headphone amplifiers, allowing the player to deal easier with the headphone load and resulting in reduced distortion, increased dynamic range and overall improved clarity. Lot of attention was also put on the used ELNA Silmic II capacitors, as they proved to be crucial in the sound tuning of the M3 Ultra, as we attempted to tune it more in the line with our house sound.

M3 Ultra overall sounds a bit warmer and more relaxed than the original M3X, while managing to improve on the technical aspects of the sound.

M3 Ultra will be available at our international sellers in early November.

MSRP 479 USD / Euro

M3U Photos (5).jpg

Dimensions:109 X 70.5 X 18 mm
Weight: 199 g
Screen:4.2-inch 768 x 1280 Touch Screen
Hi-Res Support:32 bit / 384 kHz, DSD 256
Gain Setting: Two Level Setting
Memory: 3 GB RAM & 32 GB ROM & MicroSD card slot
Battery: 3500 mAh, QC3.0 18W compatible
Battery Life: 20.5h Single DAC 3.5mm, 14.5h Balanced

Wi-Fi: 2.4G / 5G
Bluetooth:Version 5.0