New Astell&Kern CA1000T impressions thread.
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #92 of 115
Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing one but have a question please. If listening to music via the Micro SD card, does the sceen stay on so I can see the album art? If not how long does it stay on for and does it come back on when skipping a track?

Aug 18, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #93 of 115
Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing one but have a question please. If listening to music via the Micro SD card, does the sceen stay on so I can see the album art? If not how long does it stay on for and does it come back on when skipping a track?
There are various screen timeout settings ranging from 10 seconds to 3 minutes.

If you press a button or touch the screen, it will turn back on if it is off.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 29, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #94 of 115
I just ordered one of these. Excited! Main reason was for choosing A&K over the competitors was hat A&K has a system level EQ and crossfeed that works in all scenarios, wheres the others keep closing their ears to something so useful.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #95 of 115
It's a great unit! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I also own a Ferrum Oor/Hypsos for my desk and I'm debating whether or not to sell it and stick with the A&K. The Ferrum stack does sound better, but it's close enough where it's hard to justify keeping both, and the A&K is much more versatile. To be fair, I'm using the CA1000T as a line-out DAC for the Oor.

I use the default crossfeed setting once in a while and it sounds great. I wish there were more crossfeed presets, I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing when I tweak those settings. Anyone else have their own favorite crossfeed settings?

Sep 1, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #97 of 115
I received my unit today and for the sound and features I like it very much. It is a great unit.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #98 of 115
Have any of you connected the Astell&Kern ACRO CA1000T to the Astell&Kern PA10 balanced class-A amplifier?
Does such a set make sense, does the sound stage become even wider thanks to PA10, or do we benefit from holography?
Or maybe the sound of just the CA1000T is as good without the PA10?

Sep 22, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #99 of 115
Has anyone tried to run an Abyss 1266 Phi TC from this amp? If so, how was the pairing and did it have enough power to adequately drive them?

Jan 1, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #100 of 115
this little (or huge if your comparing to daps lol) device is so versital. I have used it so many times as a line out at friends houses or meets. Yet the ability To have my full size headphones anywhere in the house is where this is unbeatable. Never gonna sell this device!

Jan 21, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #101 of 115
I'm planning to buy a CA1000T, could someone compare it to the SP3000? I'd be interested in this comparison, I couldn't find one anywhere. Thank you

Feb 22, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #102 of 115
I am interested in the A&K ACRO CA1000T, but I have one issue that looks to be a problem. I presently am using a music source consisting of a Galaxy S4 tablet containing over 200 GB of WAV and FLAC music files contained in the USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) app. This android app interfaces via USB cable with a conventional high-quality DAC which drives a separate headphone amp.

If I were to replace this system with the all battery-powered A&K ACRO CA1000T, I would need to transfer all these music files over from the android Galaxy tablet to the ACRO CA1000T. Would this transfer be a problem, and how would it be accomplished? Would I have to go back to the original music files on my Windows PC and send them over file by file all over again?

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #103 of 115
Not sure. I had asked and was told it is possible it could come to the CA1000T at some point, but there is no definite plan or ETA at the moment.
Hi there guys. I have a CA1000, updated the firmware (over the air) and my unit will not charge up at all now. Using the cable that came with this CA1000 unit. Been on charge for 24 hours now and nothing has happened its still on the same level of charge, charged with other power blocks but no change, my unit is only 4 months old and only use at the weekend. Any help please. New firmware is 1.10CM from the previous 1.07CM, feel like pulling my hair out

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #105 of 115
I'm planning to buy a CA1000T, could someone compare it to the SP3000? I'd be interested in this comparison, I couldn't find one anywhere. Thank you
Some user comparisons I have gleaned from various forums and blogs. My general impression is that the CA1000T is superb and only a little better resolution wise than the SP3000, with the CA1000T being considerably better overall due to advanced features like much more power to drive low sensitivity headphones (of which there are a lot), the tube and hybrid tube selections, and the much better user ergonomics, accessibility and I/O flexibility.

"The advantages of the CA1000T is a ton of more power to drive over the ear headphones, so in some ways the CA1000T will sound better than the SP3000 with full sized cans. It will also depend on your preference between the tunings."

"For me personally SP3000 is better regarding the DAC implemented, it sounds smoother and little bit more delicate (for someone it can be too soft or lack emphasis on vocals or wind instruments). CA1000T on the other hand exceeds amplification abilities of these semi-portable devices and can control almost any proper headphone.
They both represent top level sound yet it depends how portable you want to be."

"I also had the opportunity today to compare the CA1000T with an ADI-2 DAC, which in turn has the same sound quality as the brand new ADI 2/4 Pro SE. What can I say, the improvement with the CA1000T was just generally noticeable, it struck me immediately. By the way, I didn't immediately notice such a clear positive difference when I compared, say, the HUGO 2 or Hugo TT2 with the ADI. So I was right when I said in an earlier post that I didn't remember the HD800S sounding that good. CA1000T matchs for me quite well also to the Trifecta (better than the SP3000), because the sound is uncolored.
All in all, I am extremely satisfied with the CA1000T."

"Got my CA1000T for almost 2 weeks now. The best AK stuff that I've ever tried in these years. Tons of improvements in term of details over the old CA1000, just slightly below sp3000 in term of resolution, but in return you get tons of power for driving just almost anything in the market. Plus the adjustable hybrid amp is super awesome, you can get tiny little tonal adjustments in between for just any songs."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back