New Member Introductions thread
May 8, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #15,543 of 15,584
Hey everyone! I'm back after a long hiatus. I've gone deep on SET amps and speakers, now it's time to level up my headphone system. Just picked up some beautiful stabilized ZMF Aeolus and I'm looking to build a custom amp to match.

Wait for ZMF Aegis triode strapped pentode SET amp. It's on preoder already I believe.

May 9, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #15,545 of 15,584
Hey, guys. I got started with audiophile stuff when the hd600 and a schitdt stack back in the day. Eventually I upgraded to the hd800s with a topping a90 and a rme adi 2 dac. Recently I dove into the deep end, trying out the susvaral, abyss 1266, and caldera. I also tried the cayin ha-300b amp the niimbus us 5 pro. I'm sticking with the abyss 1266 and niimbus for now.

May 9, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #15,547 of 15,584
Hi guys,
How much time approximately should it take before I can post in other threads? I mean the time after introducing myself here.
I don't know about any requirements for posting in other threads like a discussion thread/forum, but if you're looking to post or reply to a post in the Classifieds forum, I believe the requirements are being a member here for 30 days and having a minimum of 50 posts.

I'm still relatively new here and have been able to post in forums related to specific headphone models, but I can't reply to any items in Classifieds — though I have been able to send a private message to people who have listed items for sale.

May 10, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #15,551 of 15,584
Newbie here, aged 70 years old.

Used to have an old skool system in the past, turntable , pre amp , power amps, you get the idea.

Recently rediscovered my music mojo, thanks to one of my sons.

Now have re discovered music again.

Naim Mu So 2 , for general listening

Fiio R7, Fiio power supply, Fiio FH3 headphones, and now a Fiio M11s for music on the move.

Been lurking for a while, time to say hi.

May 12, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #15,553 of 15,584
-@Denis: You'll have to put some details of your old-skool systems in your user profile. -No, I haven't gotten around to doing it either yet. But I've got a cheapish/cheerful system in the apartment (that I need to get re-set up). And there are one or two full systems in the distant storage rooms. Glory-be! To think of the promised day I'll get all those things out and start dealing with them---sorting, fixing, selling, and--best--playing. . .

-@Rich: Are you using your IEMs with portable gear or also in a home computer-based setup. Which IEMs and what kinds of sources and amps (if you use them) are giving you joy?

May 12, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #15,555 of 15,584
-@Warren: Ahh. This place is certainly supportive, and it will diminish some anxieties about Gear-Acquisition-Syndrome. But it won't help the addiction. Notice: members will introduce themselves, but nobody troubles to say, ". . .And I have terrible compulsions to acquire more audio equipment." I guess it's read as 'understood'. --Also, the Ten-Step programs tend to be about modding headphones and are lovingly accompanied with pictorial illustrations of each step.

Out of idle curiosity, Warren, have you ever head The Loud Family's indecently catchy power-pop single "Inverness"? I could never puzzle out whether Scott Miller ('poor Scott Miller) was referring to a hiatus away in Scotland or to some obscure, obscenely wealthy subdivision of Sacramento. I bring it up out of the scantiest of associative connections: the song's intro is bitter, whimsical, unforgettable, and I first heard it in an RTE broadcasting promo in Dublin sometime in the early 2000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back