Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Jul 15, 2022 at 1:30 AM Post #5,701 of 7,350
*My initial thoughts:
I've been listening to my MEXT AutoEQed to MEST MK2 and I have to say I appreciate the clarity & extra energy at the upper midrange. Cymbals pop out more without being overbearing. By the same token electric guitars shine more due to sharper attack but crosses the boundary of being fatiguing for me.

After a longer listen, I have to swallow the bitter pill and say that I prefer the MEST tuning more. The upper midrange bump brings more life (presence/definition) to vocals, and it isn't as fatiguing as I assumed. The bass is tighter and less boomy which I definitely prefer.

I read that MEST has noticeably better technicality so maybe vocals will be cleaner on that set, though it is said that INDIGO has the best midrange. In conclusion, MEST is a better set and if you want a true basshead IEM check out XENNS UP

*I'm using Final E Tips.

Jul 15, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #5,702 of 7,350
Also, is MEST a V shaped IEM or I'm too sensitive to frequency bumps & dips?

Jul 15, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #5,703 of 7,350
Also, is MEST a V shaped IEM or I'm too sensitive to frequency bumps & dips?
More of a U shaped to my ear. At first, I found the treble on the MKII to be to bright, but after awhile, it has smoothened out and it is not as piercing as my first listen. I am using Moondrop Spring tips and it sounds the most natural to me. Tried Final E tips and it boosted the vocal too much forward for my liking and it makes the soundstage a little more tubey?? instead of more vast on the spring tips. The original green tips is good too but not as comfortable as spring tips.

Jul 15, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #5,704 of 7,350
More of a U shaped to my ear. At first, I found the treble on the MKII to be to bright, but after awhile, it has smoothened out and it is not as piercing as my first listen. I am using Moondrop Spring tips and it sounds the most natural to me. Tried Final E tips and it boosted the vocal too much forward for my liking and it makes the soundstage a little more tubey?? instead of more vast on the spring tips. The original green tips is good too but not as comfortable as spring tips.
Yup true Mest MKII changed a lot with time, it smoothened out quite fast and it had beautiful treble !!

Jul 15, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #5,705 of 7,350
Weirdly for me I still find the vocals to be thinner than I'd like. I'll snatch the Spring tips from my Chu and try them on. I'm impressed with the technicalities tbh for the price I got it for but a wider soundstage is always welcome

Jul 15, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #5,706 of 7,350
Weirdly for me I still find the vocals to be thinner than I'd like. I'll snatch the Spring tips from my Chu and try them on. I'm impressed with the technicalities tbh for the price I got it for but a wider soundstage is always welcome
Maybe get the Indigo? :thinking:

Jul 15, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #5,707 of 7,350
Maybe get the Indigo? :thinking:
Lemme cancel my house down payment real quick... Jokes aside I'm gonna try Monarch MK2 and see if it's a good complement to MEST since it's showered with praises about its vocal performance

Jul 15, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #5,709 of 7,350
Could you take full advantage of Mext or Mest MK2 using an ifi go bar + iPhone 13 pro max + tidal mqa/ Apple Music high res lossless.
Apologies if this is a stupid question, I’m very new to this.

Mest mk2 are not very difficult to drive but they do scale up the chain. I drive them with Khadas Tea with great results but get little better with MoJo2 and then some with TT2. But these are marginal gains we are talking about, you should be fine with power of gobar (don’t know about synergy).

Jul 15, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #5,713 of 7,350
Jul 15, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #5,714 of 7,350
Jul 15, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #5,715 of 7,350
Indigo is here!!
20220715_130329.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back