HiBy R8 II - HiBy's New High-End DAP
May 7, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #556 of 642
so which iems sound good with r8ii?
I’d like to add “all” 😂
The Mest MK2’s can get a little spicy but to me it still sounds great.
The bonneville sounded great and I now have the EE Raven which sound fantastic. Great bass and nice treble. I think the raven wouldn’t be as good with the rs8 or rs6 (which I own) as they are considered “darker” sounding daps.

May 7, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #557 of 642
I’d like to add “all” 😂
The Mest MK2’s can get a little spicy but to me it still sounds great.
The bonneville sounded great and I now have the EE Raven which sound fantastic. Great bass and nice treble. I think the raven wouldn’t be as good with the rs8 or rs6 (which I own) as they are considered “darker” sounding daps.
How does the RS8 sound compared to the R8ii and which one you like more ?

May 7, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #558 of 642
I don’t have an RS8 so I can’t compare. I have the RS6. The RS6 is a warm sounding DAP that lacks a little in detail to me. I assume the RS8 is better in that department and has a little different sound signature than the R8II. I believe GLer compared the 2 in his review.

May 7, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #559 of 642
May 8, 2024 at 1:03 AM Post #560 of 642
Just received yesterday the R8 II. Beautiful looking DAP (Got the silver/black but the blue also looks amazing from the pictures).

Excellent build quality and fast responsive OS. I set it up in no time.

Not giving feedbacks on the sound yet as I only briefly had a listen with my D9200 with no burn in whatsoever . However, I liked what I heard.

The device is quite a fingerprints magnet so now it only needs a case with bigger ports for bigger plugs. @Joe Bloggs, is Hiby maybe considering to make a leather case for the R8 II? The included case is OK-ish but the fact that many bigger 4.4 plugs do not fit with case on makes it unusable for some users. And a nice black leather case would be beautiful with this Dap :)

May 8, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #561 of 642
Just received yesterday the R8 II. Beautiful looking DAP (Got the silver/black but the blue also looks amazing from the pictures).

Excellent build quality and fast responsive OS. I set it up in no time.

Not giving feedbacks on the sound yet as I only briefly had a listen with my D9200 with no burn in whatsoever . However, I liked what I heard.

The device is quite a fingerprints magnet so now it only needs a case with bigger ports for bigger plugs. @Joe Bloggs, is Hiby maybe considering to make a leather case for the R8 II? The included case is OK-ish but the fact that many bigger 4.4 plugs do not fit with case on makes it unusable for some users. And a nice black leather case would be beautiful with this Dap :)
Pretty sure that you going to like it. Try to mess with the plugins like DRX10 Dynamics and the sound field.

May 8, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #562 of 642
I agree needs a nice leather case, and a glass screen protector that fits all the screen instead of that god awful thing they installed.
Is it possible to have the same launcher the R6P2 has I’m a sucker for purple ?

May 8, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #563 of 642
I agree needs a nice leather case, and a glass screen protector that fits all the screen instead of that god awful thing they installed.
Is it possible to have the same launcher the R6P2 has I’m a sucker for purple ?
I think the R8 II screen is slightly curved on the sides so it may be difficult to have a full screen protector :wink:

May 9, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #566 of 642
Hello everyone. Can somebody comment how pocket friendly is this dap . It's weight is half kg, so I am guessing that would not be comfortable to stick in a pocket?
Not friendly at all it’s heavy and difficult to use on the go. You run in an issue you may drop it. You can carry it in them small hand bags and use it in an airplane or Work desk but not while moving around.

May 9, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #568 of 642
May 9, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #569 of 642
Hello everyone. Can somebody comment how pocket friendly is this dap . It's weight is half kg, so I am guessing that would not be comfortable to stick in a pocket?
Depends how big your pockets are and how tight you wear your pants... :sweat_smile:

May 10, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #570 of 642
Not friendly at all it’s heavy and difficult to use on the go. You run in an issue you may drop it. You can carry it in them small hand bags and use it in an airplane or Work desk but not while moving around.
On the contrary, I don't find it anywhere near this cumbersome. And this is coming from someone who staunchly resisted a full-sized DAP for 3 years, afraid that the ergo would not work on the go. Now I've actually lived with it for 4 months I'm very happy with R8ii.

Yes R8ii is large and a bit heavy, but it fits just fine in my right front jeans or trousers pocket. The cable may stick out the top of the pocket, depending on how deep the pocket is, but I don't find this a problem. I wouldn't go on an all-day hike with this DAP in my pocket, but for the few minutes changing trains, or the 10-20 minutes walk around the city it is very workable.

On the plus side, you are then getting top-tier SQ, and even more importantly to the commuter, the best battery life of any DAP on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back