HiBy R8 II - HiBy's New High-End DAP
May 10, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #571 of 642
On the contrary, I don't find it anywhere near this cumbersome. And this is coming from someone who staunchly resisted a full-sized DAP for 3 years, afraid that the ergo would not work on the go. Now I've actually lived with it for 4 months I'm very happy with R8ii.

Yes R8ii is large and a bit heavy, but it fits just fine in my right front jeans or trousers pocket. The cable may stick out the top of the pocket, depending on how deep the pocket is, but I don't find this a problem. I wouldn't go on an all-day hike with this DAP in my pocket, but for the few minutes changing trains, or the 10-20 minutes walk around the city it is very workable.

On the plus side, you are then getting top-tier SQ, and even more importantly to the commuter, the best battery life of any DAP on the market.
True you can make it work but the dap is very heavy I wouldn’t recommend even running with a dongle now imagine running with R6P2 or the R8ii. R8ii is heavy to hold in one hand and trust me I lift weights and I’m a big guy but still I don’t think it’s a good idea to move around with it unless you sitting at a desk or somewhere where doesn’t involve movement.

R6P2 is much more pocket friendly, have that thing on class AB and you are good to go. Again this is my opinion.

May 10, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #572 of 642
True you can make it work but the dap is very heavy I wouldn’t recommend even running with a dongle now imagine running with R6P2 or the R8ii. R8ii is heavy to hold in one hand and trust me I lift weights and I’m a big guy but still I don’t think it’s a good idea to move around with it unless you sitting at a desk or somewhere where doesn’t involve movement.

R6P2 is much more pocket friendly, have that thing on class AB and you are good to go. Again this is my opinion.
R6P2 is definitely more pocket friendly, but it comes with the resulting SQ and battery-life compromises.

I do lift (moderate) weights, and am not that big, but I have no issue at all with the R8ii. It's like 2x iPhone Pros stacked; they are just about the exact same width/length.

Anyway, I guess each user will find the ergo of this DAP a hit or a miss. But again, coming from a former Big-DAP-skeptic, I do think R8ii is worth a shot for out and about commuting.

May 10, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #573 of 642
R6P2 is definitely more pocket friendly, but it comes with the resulting SQ and battery-life compromises.

I do lift (moderate) weights, and am not that big, but I have no issue at all with the R8ii. It's like 2x iPhone Pros stacked; they are just about the exact same width/length.

Anyway, I guess each user will find the ergo of this DAP a hit or a miss. But again, coming from a former Big-DAP-skeptic, I do think R8ii is worth a shot for out and about commuting.
I guess you love you daps huge, thick, and powerful 😂💪🏿

Makes sense the R8ii sounds really good, and it’s crazy to have it with you everywhere.

May 10, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #574 of 642
The battery of R8 II is insane. Currently burning in, 6 hours continuous playing time with hiby app, medium gain, class A, iem out of 4.4 connector. Battery still at 70%.

I went to check if it needed to be charged but, well, I guess I’ll come back in other 6-7hrs :)

May 10, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #577 of 642
@Joe Bloggs Is there a Guide that explains all these Filters and Darwin Controller Functions?

I spent a few hours configuring and loading music on my R8II.

The pictures don't do this DAP justice. It's a beautiful and exquisite device. I like what I was hearing with my IER-Z1R's.

20240510_141208.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #579 of 642
May 10, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #580 of 642
May 10, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #582 of 642
May 10, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #583 of 642
Hiby R8II + Empire Ears Legend Evo 🔊🎼🥰😁🥰🔊🎼

Something about this DAP is just so righteous. The layering, depth, width... The immersion... I guess this does sound like a personal amphitheater.. This is engaging and probably the only time marketing glossies accurately described the listening experience for me. This has been very consistent across 3 IEMs so far with the default settings. For initial impressions of the R8II... I'm enamored! This DAP feels like it was made by music lovers for music lovers. This pairing definitely resonates with me!

May 11, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #584 of 642
Hiby R8II + Empire Ears Legend Evo 🔊🎼🥰😁🥰🔊🎼

Something about this DAP is just so righteous. The layering, depth, width... The immersion... I guess this does sound like a personal amphitheater.. This is engaging and probably the only time marketing glossies accurately described the listening experience for me. This has been very consistent across 3 IEMs so far with the default settings. For initial impressions of the R8II... I'm enamored! This DAP feels like it was made by music lovers for music lovers. This pairing definitely resonates with me!
Still have to try my Legend Evo with R8 II but I’m happy to know they pair well together :) I briefly tested my latest toy, the Camelot, while burning it in and they sound gorgeous.

May 11, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #585 of 642
Hiby R8II + Unique Melody Multiverse Mentor.... 🔊👑🏆👑🔊🎼🎵🎶🎹🎻🎷🎺🥁🎸

Champion Sound....MSEB analog is a pretty sweet sounding setting. I think I'm going to leave this on for a while.

The layering is magnificent. I can easily identify every element in this song. I'm really enjoying this pairing. Genuinely enthused about this DAP so far!

20240510_224807.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back